[bt-devel] TEI filters

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Oct 17 00:02:33 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> The modules are in the crosswire beta repository, you can check which of
> them are TEI. At least Strong (combined Greek/Hebrew), ISBE,
> Webster1913, LiddellScott, LewisShort.

They might be fine, but don't trust any testing based on LiddellScott or
LewisShort (or any of the other Perseus content, or the old Germanic
language lexicons). These are all based on TEI that is pre-P5, and since
we've settled on using P5, they will need to be updated.

Strong, ISBE, & Webster1913 should all be fine.

> The quality of the modules is not yet very good, e.g. the old Webster
> looks better than the TEI one, and there may be some strange things like
> definitions beginning with number 0. I compared BibleTime/SWORD TEI
> filter combination with BibleCS and it looked identical, so there should
> be no problems in BT code. We just have to make the links work and then
> follow what happens upstream.

The quality of the modules is definitely superior. But the quality of
the filters is not yet very good. (The definitions beginning with a 0 is
a result of the filters, for example, IIRC.)

It would be great to see BT support TEI, since I'm planning to start
releasing TEI content after the release of 1.6.1.

--Chris