[bt-devel] TEI filters

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Oct 16 13:37:18 MST 2009

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Martin Gruner wrote:

> Hi Eeli,
>
> which module can I use to test?
> Can you submit the code you have so far?
>
> Thanks, mg

Unfortunately it was a quick throwaway test. But it's not too difficult.
CSwordBackend is very easy - just find other filter names and instances
there and add teihtml. For the filter itself you have to create
bt_teihtml.h/cpp and write the class. It's easy to write a backbone and
actually I didn't get any further. You can either copy from bt_osishtml
or
ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/source/v1.6/sword-1.6.0/src/modules/filters/teihtmlhref.cpp,
but either way, you probably have to take something from the other, too.
I didn't achieve anything with the links which is the difficult part.

The modules are in the crosswire beta repository, you can check which of
them are TEI. At least Strong (combined Greek/Hebrew), ISBE,
Webster1913, LiddellScott, LewisShort.

The quality of the modules is not yet very good, e.g. the old Webster
looks better than the TEI one, and there may be some strange things like
definitions beginning with number 0. I compared BibleTime/SWORD TEI
filter combination with BibleCS and it looked identical, so there should
be no problems in BT code. We just have to make the links work and then
follow what happens upstream.

However, I noticed we could achieve much with CSS. TEI is xml and we
could just add styles insteads of changing the markup. But which is more
efficient? Should we write different stylesheets for OSIS and TEI?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland