[bt-devel] TEI filters

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 09:57:30 MST 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 4:41 AM, Eeli Kaikkonen
<eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:
> Is it time to write TEI filters? I did some testing with the SWORD code.
> I created a new teihtml class (see our existing filters) and added it to
> cswordbackend. The first step is to just inherit the SWORD filter, not
> changing anything. The output is OK, similar to BibleCS. The only
> problem is links. It's not trivial to change it, but it shouldn't be too
> hard. This is the second step: copy the SWORD code to our new class and
> change handling of links.

Is it necessary to copy the SWORD code and then modify a local copy?
Every time links are brought up in SWORD's list, there's lots of
discussion about it.  Wouldn't it be easier to either come to an
agreement with the rest of SWORD about how to handle links and/or
simply extend their classes to modify that functionality specifically?

--Greg