[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Beta testing reports-1457209 ] Issues compiling in Mepis/Debian

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 30 13:16:21 MST 2009

Beta testing reports item #1457209, was opened at 2006-03-23 20:37
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=521207&aid=1457209&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I run Mepis Linux, updated from Etch and Sid, and with
KDE3.5.1. I run 3 computers, so wanted to make .debs to
avoid having to do the whole compile process three
times. I had no problem with clucene or sword, but the
checkinstall fails with the BibleTime beta, giving the
following:

make[4]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
mkdir -p /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime/handbook/;
chmod -R a+r+X  /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime;
chmod: `/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime': No such file
or directory
make[4]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/irv/Desktop/bibletime-1.6beta1/docs/handbook/unicode'
make[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/irv/Desktop/bibletime-1.6beta1/docs/handbook/unicode'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/irv/Desktop/bibletime-1.6beta1/docs/handbook'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/irv/Desktop/bibletime-1.6beta1/docs'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

****  Installation failed. Aborting package creation

Note that /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime DOES exist
when the program fails stating that it doesn't.

"make install" works fine, but the handbook files are
missing.

One of the three computers is slightly less updated,
and give a seg fault with make install. "make -i
install" gives a successful compilation, and on this
system the handbook files ARE present.

I'm not really a programmer, so hope this is enough
info to be helpful. If more is needed, I'll try to
provide it.

Irv

Comment By: Irv Cobb (irvcobb)