[bt-devel] updating ui translations while building

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Nov 24 07:20:42 MST 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> OK, now I understand what's the problem. You shouldn't make messages at
> all. The .qm files are generated automatically if they aren't up to
> date. The "make messages" target updates the .ts files from the source
> code. It's independent from the "make all" target and must be invoked
> manually. Thomas has done it periodically and updated the .ts files for
> the translators.

There's still something not right with the system. When the .qm files
are generated in cmake cache (under /build) they won't be updated
unless they are removed from cache manually or the whole /build
directory is removed. It means that even if .ts files are updated, .qm
files are not updated unless building from scratch. I was almost in
despair trying to test new Finnish translations which didn't show up no
matter how I tried to recompile, reinstall, retranslate and delete old
files...

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland