[bt-devel] updating ui translations while building

Thomas Abthorpe thomas at stthomasanglican.org
Tue Nov 24 06:13:06 MST 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:24:36 +0200 (EET)
Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:

> OK, now I understand what's the problem. You shouldn't make messages at
> all. The .qm files are generated automatically if they aren't up to
> date. The "make messages" target updates the .ts files from the source
> code. It's independent from the "make all" target and must be invoked
> manually. Thomas has done it periodically and updated the .ts files for
> the translators.

I usually update when I see there have been class changes that will affect
translation, similarly I update stuff when I see something in the frontend
that may be adding new strings.

Now that we are leading up to beta, I will be syncing up on Wednesdays until
we hit rc, when the freeze is to occur.

All developers are certainly welcome to sync the ts files when they have made
notable string changes, as they see fit!

Thomas

--
Thomas Abthorpe

http://www.bibletime.info