[bt-devel] Text window header added

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Nov 23 15:48:13 MST 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, 'Kang Sun' wrote:

> Is it possible to move the keychooser pop-up buttons up slightly?  They
> cover the first line of text and the selected text is always at the top
> of the window.

I don't know if it's problem, they are visible only temporarily while
the cursor is on top of the keychooser. However, it would be nice if the
buttons would start right from the bottom pixel of the text edit area.
Then it wouldn't be necessary to move the cursor back even one pixel to
hit a button after it has appeared. But we have to consider every style
and platform. Important visual changes, especially those overriding the
toolkit default behaviour, should always be tested on all platforms and
several styles.

> The header seems to take up a bit of screen real-estate.

Yes, vertically, but on the other hand it saves horizontal space if the
old module chooser buttons are hidden. There's no perfect solution :)

> It's good that they can be disabled. A global setting to
> disable them would be nice too.

I guess this will be the next todo in this area if people agree it's
good.

> The "remove" option should be disabled
> if the work is the only work in the view.

Done.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland