[bt-devel] Text window header added

'Kang Sun' k486 at digizip.com
Mon Nov 23 09:42:43 MST 2009

* Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote on [2009/11/23 09:51]:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>
> It has one button now. Some may prefer different buttons for different
> actions, namely adding, replacing and removing. It should be easily done
> and it was even in the original plan in the wiki page. However, it takes
> space and may look messy. How frequently these actions are used? Is it
> too much if it takes 4 clicks instead of 3? Do people find this feature
> if there's only one button?
>
> It's ugly if the keychooser happens to be just above the button and you
> hover over the keychooser, opening the dropdown b/c/v selectors. I can't
> imagine a good and easy way to help it. A footer instead of header was
> proposed, but it's against normal conventions and would therefore affect
> usability negatively, fixing only a visual inconvenience.
>
> Any thoughts? It would be especially valuable if someone really used
> this feature for a while and then commented. It would be nice to get rid
> of rough edges before 2.5 but it's equally easy to change it later after
> a longer period of testing. All the needed features are there already.

Is it possible to move the keychooser pop-up buttons up slightly?  They
cover the first line of text and the selected text is always at the top
of the window.

The header seems to take up a bit of screen real-estate.  I personally
rarely change the Bibles selected for parallel view.  I change often
with commentaries, but I prefer more text space for the commentaries
because they are sometimes long and I keep more commentary windows open
as well.  It's good that they can be disabled.  A global setting to
disable them would be nice too.  The "remove" option should be disabled
if the work is the only work in the view.

The verse headers might be very useful for beginners.