[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.0 icon issue and menu slowness (was: Re: BibleTime 2.0 released )

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun May 31 22:01:47 MST 2009

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

>>> 	(BibleTime 2.0) WARNING: QSvgHandler::parsePen could not resolve
>>> property "linearGradient3269"

> I did a grep and the icon should be the file ./pics/icons/document_magnifier.svg .

Thanks.  Eeli, do you want to work on fixing up this one, or should I
try it? :)

>>> The UI is sluggish. At least I think it's slow :) Is there a way to fix this?

> The menus and context menus have the most noticable dely. If I click on a menu
> in the main menu then it takes about 2s until it appears. If I click for a
> second time it's a bit faster but still slow. The other apps don't have these
> slow menus (I mostly use KDE apps).

Hmmm.  That's slow alright.  Here, I'd say the menu delay is maybe 0.2
seconds (that's a guess ... there is a perceptible delay, but it is too
short to time with a stopwatch!); that's a full order of magnitude
faster than what you are reporting!  My little desktop system here
surely isn't *that* fancy/fast/state of the art, is it??

Is anyone else seeing noticeable delays in the BibleTime 2.0 menus?

Jonathan