[bt-devel] Debug Code Removed

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun May 31 21:00:45 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:

> About 3 weeks ago I added some code for debugging purposes. It was never
> supposed to be checked in, but I did check it in along with a change to
> fix a bug. This code writes a file called "out.txt" to the current
> directory anytime the contents of a display window or the mag window
> change. It is the html that the window displays.

> I have removed the code in HEAD. I wanted to check and see if I should
> put it into bugfix-2.0. If someone has a "out.txt" file in their home
> directory it could overwrite that file.

I was wondering where that file came from yesterday -- I found one in
the bzr tree I was working in, bzr status showed it as an "unknown" file.

I'll apply your change to the packaged code before releasing BT 2.0
Debian packages into unstable.

My guess is that this should be considered to be a bugfix (creating the
out.txt file is undocumented and unexpected behaviour, so it is a bug, IMO).

Thanks,

Jonathan