[bt-devel] Qt versions and Hardy Backport of Bibletime 2.0

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat May 30 15:45:53 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:

>> Also, there was a good reason we went to Qt 4.4. This is the first
>> version of Qt to have QtWebKit. This allowed us to eliminate KDE
>> libraries that had been in use.
>> .
>> Gary
>>
> Here is a link that shows 4.4.0 in hardy universe repository.
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy-backports/devel/qt4-dev-tools
>
> I believe I got 4.4.1 when I tried out some pre-release kde4 applications.
>
> Gary

Thanks for explaining the 4.4 dependency. It would be useful to tell
about this Qt version and backport repository in the packaging wiki page.

It's true that there are users who can't or don't want to update the
whole distro but would still like to use the latest software. We should
remember that when doing dependency decisions. For example, if we
replace boost with a Qt class. It may have far reaching consequences for
some end users.

--Eeli Kaikkonen