[bt-devel] RFC: Remove modules installed by the native package manager

Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik sveinung84 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 10 06:14:03 MST 2009

> This is Open Source so it's ready when it's ready :) We'll try to publish
> new releases quite often anyways, hopefully after one or two months (though
> the schedules tend to slip every time...)
:)

>> So what do you think about the UI
>> (coloring) I proposed in my previous reply to you?
>
> Maybe it would be best to disable (gray out) the item if the path or any of
> the files under it isn't writable for the user. It enhances usability
> because the user can't then even try to do something which he can't
> complete.
Of course it should be disabled as well. To offer to do something that
can't be done isn't nice to the user...

>> By the way, since you were talking about starting to use bzr-svn.
>> Should I publish the (BibleTime svn based) bzr branch that I'll
>> develop it in (for example on launchpad)?
>
> Hmmm, why not. Actually you could use our sf.net bzr repository. Eventually
> I have to delete it again some day, but if we use it now, I can take care
> that everyone knows when it happens. It's then easy to push the branch there
> again. Using the sf.net repo could give us valuable experience.
Ok. My Sourceforge account is sveinung84 (kind of obvious from the
email I use). I already have a branch from bzr-svn of BibleTime
(/trunk/bibletime) so it should be no problem for you to check in from
bzr-svn when it's ready. Do you know how Sourceforge handles branches
in bazaar? (In launchpad you push to lp:~user/project/branchname)

Sveinung