[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.1 packaged for Ubuntu

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 21:19:24 MST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Jonathan Marsden<jmarsden at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the package.
>> Got it updated in Ubuntu 8.04 and 9.04 by the Adapt Manager and it works. Great.
>
> Great!  Thanks for testing it so fast :)
>
> Now if we can just find a way to fix that ultra-CPU-intensive module
> install issue when you install many modules at once, we'll be looking
> really good for inclusion in Ubuntu Karmic 9.10.  (It'll go in as is,
> but I'd prefer not to have to deal with all the bug reports about the
> module install delay!)
>
> Hopefully Gary or Eeli can find a way to improve that for BT 2.2.

I believe Troy has a suggestion he's made to the list as to how this
is possible, but we were waiting for after the 2.1 release to try it
out.

I will build 2.1 for Mac tomorrow and hopefully we can post that to
the download page as a public beta for Mac?  I hope to have a Windows
build to beta status by 2.2, building off of what I learned from Mac
and from digging through the Qt4 docs.

--Greg