[bt-devel] Windows Build status

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue Feb 24 04:41:48 MST 2009

Hi,

>> In other news, there are also some errors when compiling the whole
>> system with the howtos, because they are looking for xsltproc, which
>> is not a part of my Windows (though I have a version installed in
>> Cygwin).  I put Cygwin in my path and set my CYGROOT accordingly, but
>> now it still dies, complaining of a missing po4a.  Are any of those
>> actually necessary for the build?

> They should not be necessary. I would like to change the build system
> so that it doesn't require anything purely documentation related. Most
> developers don't need it. mgruner is needed again :)

xstproc is only needed if you want to compile the howtos to html. That is not neccessary for a normal installation as the html files are kept in the repository and can just be installed as they are.

make && make install

should just work and not call the howto transformation process. If it does, this is an error.

mg