[bt-devel] Windows Build status

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:05:10 MST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Martin Gruner <mg.pub at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> In other news, there are also some errors when compiling the whole
>>> system with the howtos, because they are looking for xsltproc, which
>>> is not a part of my Windows (though I have a version installed in
>>> Cygwin).  I put Cygwin in my path and set my CYGROOT accordingly, but
>>> now it still dies, complaining of a missing po4a.  Are any of those
>>> actually necessary for the build?
>
>> They should not be necessary. I would like to change the build system
>> so that it doesn't require anything purely documentation related. Most
>> developers don't need it. mgruner is needed again :)
>
> xstproc is only needed if you want to compile the howtos to html. That is not neccessary for a normal installation as the html files are kept in the repository and can just be installed as they are.
>
> make && make install

They only execute when I try to run the full project's BUILD_ALL.  If
there is an already transformed version in the tree, then I'll try to
grab that when building is finished.  I don't know exactly how the
equivalent of make install will go in Visual Studio, nor will I until
I am able to try it.  But, at worst, I can manually copy the required
files over to an installation directory.

--Greg