[bt-devel] Qt Only

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Feb 20 05:40:49 MST 2009

Quoting Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com>:

> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>>
>>> Standard actions are a problem - they have to be converted to
>>> QAction first to avoid creating a temporary addAction method.
>>
>> I ported KStandardActions to QActions. They even seem to work :)
>> There may be some small bugs, i.e. wrong names or something like
>> that, because I copypasted quickly.
> Thanks. I merged these in with my changes.
>
> I wrote the BtActionCollection and put it into use.
>
> As of now IN MY LOCAL SOURCE it is running with no KDE functions, only
> Qt. The only things I know that are not working are:
>  1.  The forward/backward history buttons on the book window. I have to
> write a small BtToolBarPopupAction class.
>  2.  The command line arguments are not implemented.  This changes
> some after moving from KApplication to QApplication.
>
> I have not had time to check it in as a branch. If I get the two items
> above taken care of this weekend I am strongly thinking of checking it
> into the trunk. I will do a lot of testing and code inspection first.

Very exciting indeed! About the ToolBarPopupAction: It may be enough
to use QWidgetAction and add a tool button with popup menu to it.

I have no time to do anything until Sunday evening, so you are free to
work as you see fit. Also, depending on the estimated amount and
difficulty of the remaining work, in my opinion we can have a not
completely functional HEAD for a moment. It should be compilable,
though. It needs some polishing before the next release anyways so it
would be nice to get it to Gary (and others) as soon as possible.

I have to find icons for the former KStandardActions. They can be
copied from KDE4.

Before the next release I want also to rewrite the Search syntax help
- it was left out of date. This is, BTW, one place to use a text
reader dialog class which should be written for the About dialog.
Maybe I can work on that next week.

--Eeli Kaikkonen