[bt-devel] Qt Only

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 00:11:12 MST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

>>> Standard actions are a problem - they have to be converted to QAction
>>> first to avoid creating a temporary addAction method.
>>
>> I ported KStandardActions to QActions. They even seem to work :) There may
>> be some small bugs, i.e. wrong names or something like that, because I
>> copypasted quickly.
>
> Thanks. I merged these in with my changes.
>
> I wrote the BtActionCollection and put it into use.
>
> As of now IN MY LOCAL SOURCE it is running with no KDE functions, only Qt.
> The only things I know that are not working are:
>  1.  The forward/backward history buttons on the book window. I have to
> write a small BtToolBarPopupAction class.
>  2.  The command line arguments are not implemented.  This changes  some
> after moving from KApplication to QApplication.
>
> I have not had time to check it in as a branch. If I get the two items above
> taken care of this weekend I am strongly thinking of checking it into the
> trunk. I will do a lot of testing and code inspection first.

That's very exciting!!  I'll start sharpening up my building skills on
Mac and Windows again, as I believe that the next natural place to go
after the Linux bugs are all worked out.  Obviously, with the presence
of MacSword native to Mac, that's not as important as Windows which is
just now beginning to have usable SWORD frontends, but it'll probably
be easier to have it built on Mac before trying on Windows and will
help work out some XP bugs.

I look forward to seeing the changes.

--Greg