[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.5.rc1 released - Windows Version

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Thu Dec 17 13:50:42 MST 2009

On 12/17/2009 7:23 AM, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Daniel Owens wrote:
>

>> BT is crashing when I open it--every time. The initial message has
>> "Assertion Failed!" and concerns
>> "c:\iwmake\build_vs2008_opensourc...\harfbu...per.cpp" (truncated?) line
>> 436. The expression is "item->  num_glyphs<= length".
>>
> This must be Qt. Harfbuzz is the text layout engine. Have you changed
> any configuration in some older BT version? Does it work if you remove
> the BibleTime's settings directory from your personal appdata (or
> whatever it is) directory? Could you give detailed information about
> your system?
>
>    Yours,
> 	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland
> 	e-mail: eekaikko at mailx.studentx.oulux.fix (with no x)

Sorry, I should have tried that first, but I have installed most of the
development versions and never needed to (and I was on my way to my last
class for the semester). I deleted both Bibletime directories and
reinstalled, and it runs fine. No Christmas joy yet, but I suppose that
is coming soon.

Oh wait, I changed the Hebrew font to SBL Hebrew and got the same error.
The program crashed in the same manner as before. I played around with
fonts for awhile and now it doesn't crash. All I did was change the fonts.

I am using Windows 7, 64-bit, on an HP Pavilion dv3000.

Daniel