[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2901627 ] Crash when adding parallel lexicons

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 2 13:48:33 MST 2009

Bugs item #2901627, was opened at 2009-11-21 01:28
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by k486
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2901627&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: in progress

Initial Comment:
I opened Packard, added Robinson and then tried to add StrongsGreek. BT crashed. This was reproducible under Linux with both svn and 2.4. On Windows it crashed when I tried to add Robinson after Packard.

Date: 2009-12-02 14:48

Message:
The set union of keys is now used.  The crash was caused by an invalid
iterator.

Comment By: Eeli Kaikkonen (eelik)
Date: 2009-11-23 02:16

Message:
Apparently checking the subset has leaded to the locking keychooser
problem. In a way it's logical but it's confusing. If you want to find a
definition for a word you probably want to see all possible entries in
every dictionary but nothing less. If you have two favourite Bible
dictionaries in paper, you don't skip the other one if the other one
doesn't have an entry for a word. It should be up to the user if he wants
to read e.g. two dictionaries in different languages in the same parallel
window. Actually it could be very reasonable; it takes less space than two
separate text windows.

BTW, at the moment we have a serious resource consumption probolem with
large dictionaries. Adding entries from several dictionaries may even halt
the user interface for a while in startup and take large amount of memory.
The reason is in the GUI listview, not so much in the string list. There's
a place for optimization or redeisgn.

Comment By: Kang Sun (k486)
Date: 2009-11-23 01:15

Message:
What behavior do we want when two modules with incompatible/different keys
are opened in parallel?  Should only the subsets of applicable keys be
allowed?