[bt-devel] Config dialog

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Oct 22 04:29:19 MST 2008

Quoting Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com>:

> Technically the BtConfigDialog implements the header at the top
> of the dialog. There was explanation text on each page that was
> removed and put into the header (top of page). I could do the same
> thing, but the Display page of the config dialog presents one problem.
> The explanation text is really for the "Available display styles" (second
> item on page). The "show startup logo" is above the explanation text.
> If this text was moved to the header it would be above the "show
> startup logo" and not look right. I would suggest moving the "show
> startup logo" to the bottom of the page so the header with explanation
> text is just above the "Available display styles". Is this reasonable?

Hmm, I didn't think about that when I designed the class. I don't have
the code here now but I guess we could change the confdialog class to
accept a null header in which case it wouldn't render it at all. Both
text boxes could be added to the page widget. Or did you look into the
Bookshelf Manager, how it handles the headers and text boxes? I don't
remember.

I wonder if the current layout of the dialog/pages is the best
possible. Maybe we could redesign it. Some items could have their own
page or moved into tabs. It's ugly to have only 3 top level pages and
then a large page with several non-related items. I will propose
something later.

Again, you can continue with more important things if you want to. I
can look at this later.

--Eeli