[bt-devel] Bible Time Development - Search Dialog

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:18:38 MST 2008

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Gary Holmlund wrote:
>
>> I finished changing the config dialog to use BtConfigDialog instead of
>> KPageDialog.
>>
> I finally compiled and tested this. Generally it seems to be fine. I
> found one serious bug though: "Cancel" doesn't cancel, it works like "OK".

I checked in the fix for this.
> The header on the top of the page is not needed. I removed it from the
> Bookshelf Manager and it can be removed from the config dialog, too.
> It's redundant, takes valuable space and distracts users who try to find
> relevant information quickly. And it's ugly because it doesn't have any
> eye candy :)

Technically the BtConfigDialog implements the header at the top
of the dialog. There was explanation text on each page that was
removed and put into the header (top of page). I could do the same
thing, but the Display page of the config dialog presents one problem.
The explanation text is really for the "Available display styles" (second
item on page). The "show startup logo" is above the explanation text.
If this text was moved to the header it would be above the "show
startup logo" and not look right. I would suggest moving the "show
startup logo" to the bottom of the page so the header with explanation
text is just above the "Available display styles". Is this reasonable?

Gary