[bt-devel] Bible Time Development - Search Dialog

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:43:13 MST 2008

I just implemented the font chooser for BPBible to allow per-module and
per-language font choice.

How I did the preview reference selection for a module was to try setting
the key to the current reference for the book type (BPBible currently has
one of genbook, commentary, dictionary, and bible active at once). If that
key is empty, try going forward to find text. Otherwise, go back to find
text.

The benefits of this approach are that if the user has a book open to a
certain spot, that is what will appear in the font choice. They probably
want to change the fonts as they have seen something wrong in the text.
Also, if there is any text in the module (and the module is well-formed)
they will get to see it.

I don't think hardcoding text works very well - there are too many new ones
being created. Also, there are an awful lot of languages to be catered for -
this applies to ranges as well.

God Bless,
Ben
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
Philippians 4:23 (ESV)