[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Feature Requests-1465724 ] Complicated windows arrangement system

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu May 22 04:05:01 MST 2008

Feature Requests item #1465724, was opened at 2006-04-06 15:50
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350954&aid=1465724&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
There are eight options defintions and hotkeys used in
this process
- vertical tiling (Ctrl+G)
- horizontal tiling (Ctrl+H)
- cascading (Ctrl+J)
- auto vertical tiling (Alt+Ctrl+G)
- auto horizontal tiling (Alt+Ctrl+H)
- auto cascading (Alt+Ctrl+J)
- automatic arrangement (Alt+Ctrl+A)
- manual arrangement (Alt+Ctrl+M)

Furthermore: A switch from manual to automatic mode can
be done by:
- auto vertical tiling (Alt+Ctrl+G)
- auto horizontal tiling (Alt+Ctrl+H)
- auto cascading (Alt+Ctrl+J)
- automatic arrangement (Alt+Ctrl+A)

On the other hand: A switch from automatic to manual
mode can (only) be done by:
- manual arrangement (Alt+Ctrl+M)

In addtion, there are no 'memory helps' for
- G: for vertical tiling
- J : for cascading
( - H: for horizontal tiling is OK)

In addition, there is no icon(tool on the desktop to
show if the manual or automatic mode is on.

I myself have problems to remember those arrangements
and would find it difficult to teach it to others.

-> Simplify the system. Here are some ideas to do this:
Put an tool (icon) on the main toolbar which allows to
toggle (shows) between the two
Then use the same tools for vertical/horizontal tiling
and cascading (there could be three icons on the
toolbar for the two tilings and the cascading.

Shortcuts: Use all with Alt+Ctrl:
Dimension: Auto/manual:
- automatic arrangement (Alt+Ctrl+A)
- manual arrangement (Alt+Ctrl+M)