[bt-devel] Features testing feature, paged config dialog, module manager

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Jan 16 05:02:14 MST 2008

I added a command line argument "--test <feature>". Sometimes it's nice
to be able to test some new feature but be able to switch it on/off
without changing the code and recompiling. See the svn revision 580
main.cpp and bibletime_slots.cpp to see how it works.

I have written the framework for paged config dialogs (configuration,
bookshelf manager). I have also implemented part of the new module
installation widget. The result can be seen using "--test modulemanager"
command line argument and then opening the bookshelf manager normally.

The paged dialog framework is now in bookshelfmanager/new/ directory, it
has to be moved to frontend/ later. There are superclasses for a dialog
and for a page: BtConfigDialog and BtConfigPage. A page is basically
just a QWidget with header, label and icon strings so it should be easy
to port the existing dialog pages to BtConfigPage.

The config dialogs are one of the major KDE->Qt tasks, after that we
have KHTML, font chooser, display window actions/menus and some
smaller tasks. I'd really like to see a shortcut configurator but it's
to be thought about later.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland