[bt-devel] KDE 4.0 released, how about our alpha?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Jan 11 08:36:09 MST 2008

Neat! I just installed the KDE 4.0 Kubuntu packages. We should tag the
alpha1 quite soon. What is needed for that? The code should be in a good
state now, it needs final testing from Martin. I think the proper
version number would be 1.7alpha1 (it's now 1.7alpha), just in case we
release more alphas.

I don't know how tagging is done with svn. Should we branch first,
possibly clean up the code if needed and then tag? After tagging someone
has to take the code and put it into a tarball and put that into
sourceforge.

This is a good time for some publicity and PR. Short announcement in the
www page and link to the longer article in the wiki. Updating the
software lists (freshmeat, kdeapps...)

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland