[bt-devel] important: major changes in SVN

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Jan 4 14:56:22 MST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Anyways, we can release the alpha version and the source code
> tarballs soon, maybe tomorrow. Are you ready for that, Martin?

I wrote a lenghty release announcement for the alpha in the wiki. What
do you think? I thought that it's a good time to give information to
those who have read only www.bibletime.info. Even many "ordinary"
users may be interested in our plans.

A short announcement is enough in the news page, it can point to this
longer text. It would be good to tell in the short one that the longer
one has important info for developers, translators and packagers.

I understand that the devel wiki may not be the best possible place for
end user discussion but I still would like to get more feedback than we
get from the bug/request system. One possibility is to open a thread in
the crosswire forums and give a link to that in the announcement. BB
forum is not so formal and people might be more eager to write there.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland