[bt-devel] important: major changes in SVN

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Jan 4 13:50:29 MST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, David (Mailing List & Spam Address) wrote:
> Will it install side by side with the existing KDE 3.x BT? I've got a basic
> KDE 4 install that I can update to whatever latest openSUSE packages are out
> there, but I'd like to keep my kde3 install intact if I can for now since
> it's more production ready still.

Yes, I even run both 1.6.4 and 1.7svn at the same time side-by-side.
Just build the debug version of the svn code, the binary will be in the
build/ subdirectory.  See
http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Main_Page#Building_BT_on_KDE4.

It could be better to wait for the KDE 4.0 (actually 4.0.2) packages
because the RCs had bugs which make BT crash. It will be tagged within
about 5 hours. I just tested the KDE svn code so it should work but
knowing the history we can't be 100% sure - there will be tons of last
minute commits which may break something for us.

Anyways, we can release the alpha version and the source code
tarballs soon, maybe tomorrow. Are you ready for that, Martin?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland