[bt-devel] distributing the SVG icons

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Dec 12 13:33:45 MST 2008

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> The SVG icons are huge. They take more than 10MB. I have tried to find a
> solution but haven't found any simple and obvious one.

Obviously I forgot why I started this post :) The size is problem
because the whole installation package should take as little space as
possible. I don't dare to guess yet how large it will be on Windows,
compiled statically, but the SVG icons may take the larger part of the
package.

Still another solution is to just let them take space when the
installation package has been installed. The package will be compressed
anyways so the icons don't take much extra space there.

We should also inform packagers about this in case they don't read the
mailing list. If we support both SVGs and PNGs the packager can convert
the icons to PNG if needed.

--Eeli Kaikkonen