[bt-devel] distributing the SVG icons

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Sat Dec 13 04:56:38 MST 2008

Hi Eeli,

at present I don't see a real problem there. Installers usually compress the
package (our tar.gz download is 3 MB for example), and storage space on the
target systems should not be a problem these days.

Decompressing at runtime seems to costly to me, it should happen during
installation, and it does already, if you install a .deb or download the
.tar.gz file. Windows installers usually compress as well, AFAICT.

mg