[bt-devel] cmake system and building one .cpp file

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon May 21 12:06:02 MST 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Martin Gruner wrote:

> Hi Eeli and others,
>
> for me it worked out of the box with current kubuntu. I just installed
> kdelibs5-dev (3.80, not the most current) and made the kde4-config program
> available in the PATH, and it worked?! Could you try that too?
> I'm also not getting the linker error you mention.

I followed the instruction to install kde4base-dev
(http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde4-alpha1.php) which may not been
necessary. I'm not going to change it now.

> BTW, as a tip: KDevelop does not seem to be able to manage CMake-based
> projects. However, you can tell it to always run "make" in ./build

It works at least as long as there are no fatal errors in previous
files. I believe we will have situations where more than one files are
uncompilable, let's see how it works then. Unfortunately KDevelop
couldn't build one file via GUI. I did it from commandline.

I ported and commited ckeychooserwidget. Our cmake system doesn't enable
qt3 support, it is a compiler -D flag (see
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/porting4.html). I took a bit more time and
ported it cleanly - I liked it that way anyways. Now it complains about
qboxlayout and that's because .cpp file includes another file which is
not yet ported and uses a compatibility class.

BTW, in Qt documentation they have qclass.h style include files in each
class documentation, but now I used QClass style. Which one is better?
QClass files just include class.h files internally. Maybe QClass style
looks better and is easier and more clear?

Number of includes was reduced dramatically through cleaning. Hmm, now I
notice that I left some commented out lines in ckeychooserwidget.h, have
to clean it sometimes.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland