[bt-devel] cmake system and building one .cpp file

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon May 21 12:14:55 MST 2007

Hi Eeli,

=)

The telephone syndrome again!

Am Montag, 21. Mai 2007 schrieb Eeli Kaikkonen:
> On Mon, 21 May 2007, Martin Gruner wrote:
> > Hi Eeli and others,
> >
> > for me it worked out of the box with current kubuntu. I just installed
> > kdelibs5-dev (3.80, not the most current) and made the kde4-config
> > program available in the PATH, and it worked?! Could you try that too?
> > I'm also not getting the linker error you mention.
>
> I followed the instruction to install kde4base-dev
> (http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde4-alpha1.php) which may not been
> necessary. I'm not going to change it now.

Well, you may also be right. Kubuntu default is older. At least later we'll
have to switch to some newer beta or rc when they become available. We'll
want to whenever BT starts linking correctly, because then stability will be
an issue. =)

> I ported and commited ckeychooserwidget. Our cmake system doesn't enable
> qt3 support, it is a compiler -D flag (see
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/porting4.html). I took a bit more time and
> ported it cleanly - I liked it that way anyways. Now it complains about
> qboxlayout and that's because .cpp file includes another file which is
> not yet ported and uses a compatibility class.

We can include that flag. Should we? So far it worked without, even for the
compat classes like Q3PtrList.

> BTW, in Qt documentation they have qclass.h style include files in each
> class documentation, but now I used QClass style. Which one is better?
> QClass files just include class.h files internally. Maybe QClass style
> looks better and is easier and more clear?

I dunno either. What's the official policy? For style I'd prefer QClass, and
also because it looks more like libstdc++ (#include <iostream> for example).

> Number of includes was reduced dramatically through cleaning. Hmm, now I
> notice that I left some commented out lines in ckeychooserwidget.h, have
> to clean it sometimes.

Good job! I'm glad I am not alone.

mg