[bt-devel] KDevelop SVN integration

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed May 16 10:16:56 MST 2007

Hi Benjie. I tested KDevelop svn capabilities.

First you can download the repository via Konqueror, at least if you
have kdesvn installed:

svn+https://bibletime.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bibletime/trunk/

Right click the bibletime directory, choose
Actions->Subversion->Checkout...

Now you can open the kdevelop project file with KDevelop. I was confused
at first because there was no svn actions available. Then I noticed that
I had to change Project Options->Version Control (it's cvs because
nobody has changed it yet). After that there's svn context menu in file
tree.

When I modified a file and choosed "Update" it did nothing, just gave
message "Finished at revision 71." Nor "Resolve conflicting state" did
anything. "Diff to HEAD" does what you expect.

Commiting a file seems to work: it gives you the log text dialog and
dialog for logging in to server. "Commited revision 72". My first
commit!

I don't know yet how this works recursively.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland