[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1714877 ] Bob Harman does NOT understand James 5:14

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 8 04:36:26 MST 2007

Bugs item #1714877, was opened at 2007-05-08 04:36
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1714877&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Documentation / Handbook
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This is listed as a bug because a very grevious problem
in hermeneutics is on display.  A bug is like a virus, it spreads its evil RNA everywhere.  In this case, Bob's poor exegesis is dangerous because it will lead people astray concerning some of the deeper truths in the Bible.

The oil represents the Holy Spirit. In James 5:14, the person is anointed to help effect the healing because they wish to increase the presence of the Holy Spirit
on the person.  You see, the ALEIPHO IS USED TO EFFECT THE CHRIO.  Of course, there are cases where a person uses oil for medicinal use, but THIS IS NOT A CASE OF IT.  The context alone cries out your injustice to the reading of the text because they are appealing to God for the healing.

Not to offend you, but I normally find that Pentecostal
hermeneutics are the best.  Sure I'll read commentaries like Clarke or Barnes, but there are so many things which a person will not understand
if he is not spiritual.  To be spiritual means that you must know how to commune with the Holy Spirit.  For example, when a person denies the reality of demons, I know that this person is totally clueless concerning the nature of the spiritual realm and the deeper meanings of the Bible. If Jesus (i.e. God!)  believed in demons, who am I to disagree?!?!