[bt-devel] Start of BibleTime 1.x for KDE4 development

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue May 8 09:18:38 MST 2007

Hi all,

due to the initiative of Eeli and Benjie, I am proud to say that development
for the KDE4 port of BibleTime 1.x started.

For this I created a new module in our SUBVERSION repository (instead of a
branch) and copied the sources and importand data files to the new location.

You can check this out with:

svn checkout https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bibletime/trunk/bibletime
bibletime

(one line)

I already removed the old make system and copied the experimental
CMakeLists.txt from the bibletime2 module. It detects QT4 and KDE4, but the
build fails, of course. Just add the files one by one as you can make them
compile.
One big benefit of CMake is that you can easily do out-of-place builds. This
happens when you run build.sh; it creates a build/ directory and runs the
build there. You can delete it after you're finished, and everything is clean
again.
For now we'll focus on the build and making everything compile. The
installation can come later...

Because of this "fork", developers are required to apply all functional
changes they make to either CVS or SVN of BibleTime 1 also on the other
location, until CVS is abandoned finally (which should take a while).

Please let me know if everything works ok or I missed something.

mg