[bt-devel] KDE3/4 branch and HEAD

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue May 8 06:25:11 MST 2007

Hi Eeli,

> I just thought that Martin wanted to start a branch for 3 and continue
> with 4 in HEAD. It's of course reasonable in the long run, but then HEAD
> would be uncompilable for some unpredictable time. I would feel safer
> working with a branch, not HEAD.

I'll make the branch later today and let yall know.

We need to develop for KDE4 in HEAD because eventually the KDE3 branch
will fade away, so that we'd have to shift stuff around too much.
We'll put a site in the wiki saying that HEAD is not guaranteed to
compile and how the KDE3-based CVS branch can be checked out.

BTW, I'm afraid that we'll have to switch to cmake for the port as
well. I didn't find any autotools support files for KDE4 yet... I'll
try to help with that part, we have a first version in SVN for
BibleTime 2.

mg