[bt-devel] Drag'n'Drop system - why XML?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Jun 26 04:21:38 MST 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> I suggest to disable it for now and port it once the application is running.
> Usually it doesn't work to write new code out of the box without affecting
> other parts. Feel free to disable parts in the porting work. As soon as it's
> running it's probably easier to port it because you can test it.

I wrote cdragdrop.h/cpp which can be used in ported code. It doesn't
change the calling code very much (it still uses bookmark item list).
The new Qt system is not radically different but it's exactly the MIME
type/data which have changed.

I will port at least chtmlreaddisplay to use it, other developers may
follow the suit if they want to. I tried to document the new class
properly.

About naming conventions:
The new DND file/class names are not necessarily the best possible. Are
there any suggestions? Using C is a bit weird but it is everywhere. Old
DND system used BT in one class and I imitated it.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland