[bt-devel] Drag'n'Drop system - why XML?

Joachim Ansorg nospam+bt-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Mon Jun 25 14:11:24 MST 2007

Hi,
thank you for your continued work on the port.
Afair we used XML to support multiple items per drag and different types
(bookmarks, cross refs and plain text). And the code is there for a long
time. In the past we had some hard time to get the d'n'd working with the
mime stuff. But it's hard to remember the details now :)
But I"m sure there are better solutions for that now. If possible you can
replace it with the proper Qt4 d'n'd system.

I suggest to disable it for now and port it once the application is running.
Usually it doesn't work to write new code out of the box without affecting
other parts. Feel free to disable parts in the porting work. As soon as it's
running it's probably easier to port it because you can test it.

Joachim