[bt-devel] Bible feature

eah darth_linux at ameritech.net
Sun Jun 10 11:35:46 MST 2007

Hello all,

I was wondering if there are Bible modules (or if Bibletime can be coded to)
link to the actual text a Bible author quotes and bring that text up in a
separate tab/window. As example, when Jesus quotes Deuteronomy 6:13 in
Matthew 4:10, we could click on the quote and Deuteronomy would pop up with
focus set on Chapter 6, verse 13.

Seems to me the Bible module would have to be seriously crossreferenced. If
BibleTime were to do this independently of the modules, the software would
have to have these crossreferences embedded and loaded when a book/chapter is
parsed. Either of those options pose a lot of work. Maybe I'm speaking out of
ignorance of how modules are formatted and BibleTime's functionality. Is the
idea even possible? (I'm thinking of version 2.0 of course)

thanks,

Eric (eah)