[bt-devel] QTextEdit and others are problematic

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Jun 7 10:32:29 MST 2007

cplainwritedisplay and chtmlwritedisplay inherit QTextEdit, which is
moved to Q3TextEdit. The new QTextEdit uses QTextDocument object. The
old one inherits QScrollView which is now Q3ScrollView, the new one
QAbstractScrollArea. The old one has createPopupMenu and it's overriden
in our classes, but there is no such method in new TextEdit.

Our code also uses QPopupMenu which is now replaced with QMenu and
QActions.

If these are only internals of display classes I could change them but
if these features are used elsewhere it might be much easier to give up
and use compatibility classes.

What do you think? I have not researched our display classes
thoroughly yet so I can't say what's the best solution.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland