[bt-devel] Helper function for directories

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue Aug 7 13:00:04 MST 2007

Hi,

I just added a stupid function to SVN, actually 2:

void DirectoryUtil::initDirectoryCache(QString executableFilePath)

must be called at startup and will find and cache required directories, for
now only the icon directory.

QDir DirectoryUtil::getIconDir(void)

can be used to retrieve the directory where the icons are.

This works relative to the executable's location. So after "make install" you
can run "install/bin/bibletime" and it will find the icons
in "install/share/bibletime/icons". We can add more functions like this for
other directories we need to know.

The purpose of this is to allow BibleTime to run from any path, given that it
is properly installed there, the executable in bin/, the data
in /share/bibletime/... All directories and files must be found correctly.

We still need to find out if we can use SVG icons and perhaps decide how to
rename the present icons / which icon sizes to drop etc.

mg