[bt-devel] display templates location in build dir

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue Aug 7 08:32:11 MST 2007

Hi Eeli,

Am Dienstag, 7. August 2007 schrieb Eeli Kaikkonen:
> I just realized that the lack of display templates may cause the config
> dialog to crash. BT tries to find them in
> share/apps/bibletime/display-templates.

BT has some compiled in which it should always find. By default there are no
files available, these are only for user-generated template files. It should
not crash for that reason.

> Some thoughts about the build system (I know Martin is working on that,
> no need to hurry):
>
> I think that having the "install"  dir under build dir was a good thing.

We still have it. It contains the installed files in their final directory
structure. That's why this must be populated by "make install". In release
mode, "make install" will install to /usr/local or /usr instead.

> Now the build toplevel dir is full of stuff, including the binary.

It was full before as well, just without the binary.

> Maybe we could add a make target "buildinstall" which installs datafiles
> under build/install/share. Installing them every time when the bin is
> built would be waste of time.

For me, "make install" is ok. Installing only takes <1sec on my older system.
If you don't want it, how about running "make install" at the start of each
session, and subsequently "make && cp bibletime install/bin"? That should do
what you want. Ok?

> For now I just try to hardcode the templates location and continue with
> debugging.

Good.
As I said, there is no location needed for the default templates.

mg