[bt-devel] 1.6rc1 - personal comments still truncated

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Tue Sep 5 20:37:43 MST 2006

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> OK, I give... How in the world do you actually edit a personal
> commentary entry in Bibletime? :)

Hi Troy,

Assuming that you have the personal commentary installed:

1. From the Bookshelf navigation window on the left, select
    Commentaries -> English

2. Under 'English' you will find a listing for 'Personal.'
    This is the personal commentary.

3. Right-click 'Personal.'  Select 'Edit this work' ->
    'Plain text.'  (Or select HTML if you prefer.)

4. You're now 'editing' the personal commentary.  Click
    the disc icon to save.  Use the navigation widgets
    to select the book/chapter/verse that you would like
    to comment on.

5. If you just want to VIEW the commentary, you would
    double-click 'Personal' in step 3 above.  You can
    indeed edit and view at the same time.

> The bug mentioned below specifically notes that the full text is all
> still available in the edit window, but not in the display windows.
> This doesn't sound like it would be a problem with storage or retrieval,
> but rather with display (as noted in the bug history).

Well, yes and no.

It's true that the display window will not dynamically update when the
text is edited.  But this isn't what the bug reporter (John) is
referring to.  I think he actually means...

Wait... you may be right.  I'll update the bug report and ask him.

...but I *think* what he means is that when you save your changes in the
edit window, and then refresh the display window (e.g. by changing the
key and then changing it back), the comments are truncated.  I.e. some
of the comments make it to the database and some do not.

But like I said, you might be right about this.

Thanks,
Gabriel