[bt-devel] Problem building Bibletime from CVS on Fedora Core 5

Steven P. Ulrick lists-bibletime at afolkey2.net
Fri Oct 6 21:35:21 MST 2006

Hello, Everyone
I've been attempting to build Bibletime 1.6 from CVS on Fedroa Core 5
since about the time that it was released.  Unfortunately, I keep
getting this error when I am running "make":

I have installed Sword 1.5.9 (as well as sword-devel, of course) from
the RPM's that will eventually be in Fedora Extras.

My installed icu & lucene RPM's are as follows:
[root at afolkey2 steve]# yum list | grep lucene
lucene.i386                              1.4.3-1jpp_11fc        installed
lucene-demo.i386                         1.4.3-1jpp_11fc        installed
lucene-devel.i386                        1.4.3-1jpp_11fc        installed
lucene-javadoc.i386                      1.4.3-1jpp_11fc        installed

[root at afolkey2 steve]# yum list | grep icu
icu.i386                                 3.4-6.2                installed
libicu.i386                              3.4-6.2                installed
libicu-devel.i386                        3.4-6.2                installed
libicu-doc.i386                          3.4-6.2                installed

Also, my CLuecene is as follows:
clucene-core-0.9.15

Every time I attempt to try compiling Bibletime, I download a
completely fresh copy from CVS.  Also, I do not have, and have not had,
multiple versions of any of the above listed libraries on our system.
Thinking that this could have been a Sword issue (still don't know for
sure that it isn't) I started a thread on the Sword-devel list first:
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2006-October/024488.html

Worst case scenario, I will just try all of this over again late next
week after I upgrade to Fedora Core 6.  But it sure would be nice to
find out why I can't compile Bibletime of Fedora Core 5.  Since the
Sword list is not exactly overflowing with FC5 users reporting issues
with Sword/Bibletime, and the Bibletime list seems to be devoid of FC5
users being unable to build Bibletime 1.6, I would at least like to
know what I am doing wrong (if anything.)

Have a Great Day/Night,
Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: Ooops, almost forgot.  Here is a link to the entire output of all
the commands that I ran in attempting to compile Bibletime 1.6:
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/Bibletime/

Also, here are the exact commands that I am using to compile Bibletime:
UNSERMAKE=no make -f Makefile.cvs &> /home/steve/bibletime-makefile.txt
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/kde-svn-fc5/20061006-bibletime-1.6 --with-qt-dir=/usr/local/qt-src --with-sword-dir=/usr --enable-debug=full &> /home/steve/bibletime-configure.txt
make &> /home/steve/bibletime-make.txt

--
 23:34:49 up 22 days,  7:00,  7 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.19, 0.42