[bt-devel] BibleTime Search

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Wed Jan 4 06:56:11 MST 2006

On Wed, January 4, 2006 9:03 am, Martin Gruner said:
> Lee, with Designer, it is also possible to "code in forms", which
> eliminates
> the need for subclassing. Do you prefer subclassing for technical reasons?
>
> Switching to Qt Designer is probably a good idea for other parts of
> BibleTime
> too, but that can come later.

FYI, Qt Designer creates new portability issues moving forward to Qt4:

1. When 4.0 was released, the Qt3 ui files could typically *not* be
converted to Qt4 ui files using TT's conversion tool.  They provided a
backwards compatibility uic3 compiler as a workaround.  I don't know if
this has been resolved, but that's when I (personally) gave up on
Designer.

2. In Qt4, the .ui.h method is no longer supported.  (is this what you
mean by "code in forms"?)  Subclassing is the primary means of using the
forms.

Hope this information is helpful!

Peace,
Gabriel

--
               G a b r i e l   M   B e d d i n g f i e l d