[bt-devel] BibleTime Search

Joachim Ansorg nospam+bt-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Tue Jan 3 23:43:48 MST 2006

Lee,

> I usually use Qt Designer to implement my GUIs then derive from the UIC
> -generated class for my specific implementation class.  Is there a
> reason that Designer wasn't used in BibleTime?  Would you be opposed to
> me re-creating the new search dialog with Designer?

I think Designer did not exist if BibleTime was created.
I've never used QDesigner but t would be great if you could redesign the
dialog using QDesigner.
Go ahaead using QDesigner if you'd like to re-creating the search dialog.
I guess the classes need a clean-up, anyway.

> Thanks for taking care of the indexing progress dialog.  Joachim is
> tuning CLucene, so I'll look into fixing up the GUI and after that,
> adding some sorting to the results...

I looked into the sorting. If we call searcher.search() with INDEXORDER as
second parameter (see indexedSearch()) the result will be ordered.
But since CLucene has a bug this doesn't work. I submitted a patch to the team
and the next version of CLucene will work with INDEXORDER.