[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1466310 ] Search results problems

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 20 04:04:34 MST 2006

Bugs item #1466310, was opened at 2006-04-07 15:06
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ewst
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1466310&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Search dialog
Group: resolved

Initial Comment:
The search tools (Search in standard Bible/open
works/current bible) function in an unusual way to
display search results:
Searching for X (e.g. 'eat') in WEB gives the following
results:
- 1hit: it gives the references of the verse, which
contains X and shows in addition 2 verses before and 2
verses afterward
- if X is contained in more than one verse (within the
range of 5 verses), only one middle verse is given as
reference and some verses around are displayed, those
hits (shown by the sourounding verses) are counted as
one hit and show up only once.e.g.
-- 4 hits in Deut 14:9-12, the reference given is Deut
14:11 and displayed is14:9-13. (hits: the first 4 verses),
-- 3 hints in John 4:31-33, the reference given is John
4:31, displayed is John 4:29-33 (hits: last 3 verses),
- in both cases: not only the search for word X (e.g.
eat) is highlighted in the 5 verses displayed, but also
words containing the search word (e.g. Act 10:11-15:
great and eaten)
Testing out, what happens, when searching for words,
which appear more frequent than in five consecutive
verses (e.g. 'the' in Matthew) the Search is not working.

-> Allow the main search tools to
- highlightened only the words searched for
- search for frequent words in consucutive verses