[bt-devel] modify / create new templates

cricketc at gmail.com cricketc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 16:14:11 MST 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 05:51:06PM -0400, Linux Dave wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 10:57, cricketc at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I've just been playing around with the display templates, because I
> > wanted to change the background and font color in Bibletime. I was
> > able to do it by modifying the .tmpl files and running ./configure,
> > make, and make install again.  Here's my question: is there an easier
> > way to modify the display templates without recompiling?
>
> Hi, I'm kind of the officially unofficial template maintainer. Are there
> specific templates you are changing? If it's the high contrast that's already
> been done and I can send or you can pull from CVS. I've also made
> improvements re crossrefs, etc in the other templates and am working on
> improving the colours on the Crazy template as it doesn't work well with the
> words of Jesus being in red

Honestly, the changes I'm talking about are basically making it a dark
background with light font. The reason is that it seems easier on my
eyes. I really don't care that much what looks good or any of
that.:) So no, I don't have one that I'm really working on - I'm
basically happy with anything that has the dark background, light
font.

For your other question about a modified template overriding the
originals: it doesn't. I modified the Simple template, and when I
copied it into the $HOME/.kde... directory, it just showed up twice -
once as the original and once as the "user template."

Hope this helps,
Benjie