[bt-devel] modify / create new templates

Wed Aug 9 22:43:44 MST 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 19:14, cricketc at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi, I'm kind of the officially unofficial template maintainer. Are there
> > specific templates you are changing? If it's the high contrast that's
> > already been done and I can send or you can pull from CVS. I've also made
> > improvements re crossrefs, etc in the other templates and am working on
> > improving the colours on the Crazy template as it doesn't work well with
> > the words of Jesus being in red
>
> Honestly, the changes I'm talking about are basically making it a dark
> background with light font. The reason is that it seems easier on my
> eyes. I really don't care that much what looks good or any of
> that.:) So no, I don't have one that I'm really working on - I'm
> basically happy with anything that has the dark background, light
> font.

Ok, well the new High Contrast template is white on black with a purplish
background for the current verse. Basically I matched the scheme to the "High
Contract Black Text" scheme in kde. And then I used other visual clues for
marking up text since otherwise it lessens the high contrast effect. I'll be
doing a High Contrast for each high contrast scheme in kde actually since we
can't really programatically make it match the scheme sadly.

> For your other question about a modified template overriding the
> originals: it doesn't. I modified the Simple template, and when I
> copied it into the $HOME/.kde... directory, it just showed up twice -
> once as the original and once as the "user template."

Ok good deal. Does it do anything to tell you which one is the "user template"