[bt-devel] Poetry formating

Mon May 30 17:30:13 MST 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 02:20 am, David Blue (Mailing List Addy) wrote:
> So either verses need closed (which I will try before I go to bed) or
> poetry needs to be something other than a <span>. The latter would work, I
> think, but the former would be more well formed.

I did some looking at the debug output format, and if we did <div> tags for
poetry, instead of <span> tags, it would work unless you had linebreaks after
each verse, in which case, the tag for the current entry is a div.

I think the best solution here is to close any open tags at verse end; from
looking at the code, it seems to me that the reason we're not doing this
currently is that we're inserting the span tag's based on how they're marked
up in the text, which to me makes sense, except for the problems we're
running into with current entry. So it seems the most viable option is to
treat each verse as if it were the only verse being displayed and close
everything, unless we could use something other than <span> or <div> for the
current entry.