[bt-devel] Poetry formating

Thu May 26 23:20:28 MST 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 02:42 pm, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi,
> where does the bug still occur?  I fixed that for Gen 1.1.

I've not checked the full list, but see the verses I posted on the bug report
on sf.

> Each verse has it's own <div|span class="entry|currententry">...</div|span>
> tags around it. Is that what you meant?

No, I mean like when a verse is marked for poetry, it either needs to be
something other than span. or the poetry tag needs closed in that verse.
Here's the example I posted in the bug report. (I've also committed my change
that shows the debugging output)

        <a name="Prov131" href="sword://Bible/WEB/Prov 13:1">1</a>
      A wise son listens to his father?s instruction,
      But a scoffer doesn't listen to rebuke.

So either verses need closed (which I will try before I go to bed) or poetry
needs to be something other than a <span>. The latter would work, I think,
but the former would be more well formed.

> > Though I personally like the idea of poetry in div's because that allows
> > templates to do more powerful formatting such as indenting, etc. I'll
> > play some with iT, and see what I can come up with
>
> Doesn't "display:block;" work for the spans to format them as locks?

It may, but that defeats the purpose of span, which is supposed to be in-line
and not block so things like centering, indenting, etc don't work.